- You love working as part of a team
- You BREATHE organization and take pride in meticulous details
- You like to plan parties and be everyone’s go-to for information
- You have a four-year Bachelor’s degree
- You have a tenacious, professional, energetic attitude
- Previous startup experience a plus
Full-time role based in San Francisco
Second Glass is changing the way people taste, talk about and buy wine by pairing mobile technology with in-person events. Our mobile app lets event attendees remember every wine they taste and lists retail locations they can buy it. We build tools for wineries to better connect with young consumers by making wine easier to understand and generally less complicated. We develop all our tech in house, run it at our own events (see Wine Riot) and offer it to third-party wine events.
As Office Manager, you’ll be the backbone of the company with your hand in basically everything. You are the company timekeeper, order restorer and party enforcer, everything from back end payments to front end rallying. We need someone who is organized like WOAH and loves to have all the answers. This is an awesome position for someone that wants to “get in” with an awesome start-up and then move up within the company!
A little about you:
You’re the kind of person who can take charge, and doesn’t mind taking on a boat-load of responsibility. You need to be incredibly scrappy, self-motivated, able to work on your own with little direction and always be game to go outside your official job description. Oh, and you won’t have an official job description.
What does a SG Office Manager do?
- Organize ALL of the things! Make sure systems are company plans are up to date and be always on the lookout for ways to improve
- Keep payments timely, run Payroll (Paychex), Health care, Accounting (QuickBooks), execute reimbursements, book company travel
- Maintain company communication and weekly staff updates
- Man the HR department: post jobs, help screen and interview applicants
- Manage some company finances in conjunction with our accountant
- Plan awesome office parties and epic winery adventures
- Keep our office stocked with wine, supplies, and make sure everything gets where it’s going
- Go to the bar to celebrate
A little about us:
We’re a small and exciting start-up; it’s a hectic and often crazy work environment. We travel all the time, work from coffee shops, airplanes, parks, Europe, bars (lots of bars) and sometimes even our actual offices. Everyone says they ‘work hard, play hard’ but we actually do it. Hell, we throw 3,000 person wine events, it’s pretty hard not to party, but we always put the hard work in first.
You’ll be joining a team of hyper-motivated, energetic, young (we’re all around 30 or under) people that can take ideas, bring them to life, and sell them in less time than most companies can organize a lunch meeting. We’re young, excited and have an unwavering love for Fernet washed down by a cold High Life. In college, we were those nerdy, dorky kids that were always throwing the best parties, but now we’re grown up and we do it for a living.
Are you in?
Apply with our Webform!