Web and Mobile Engineering Intern
- Experience in object oriented languages and the MVC pattern
- Experience in one of Django, Objective-C or Java for Android and excitement for learning the other(s)
- Care about and have intuition for user centered design
- Excited and able to learn quickly. This is not bullshit.
- See the big picture. Ask the hard questions. Be willing to scrap projects and move on.
- Candidate for four-year Bachelor’s degree in engineering or CS
- Tons of team experience. Real teams with real projects and real collaboration
- Have done cool shit. Shit you can show off.
- Previous startup experience a plus
Second Glass is changing the way people taste, talk about and buy wine by pairing mobile technology with in-person events. Our mobile app lets event attendees remember every wine they taste and lists retail locations they can buy it. We build tools for wineries to better connect with young consumers by making wine easier to understand and generally less complicated. We develop all our tech in house, run it at our own events (see Wine Riot) and offer it to third-party wine events. Looking to fill for summer 2012 in San Francisco
Our Tech Team programs in:
- Python with the Django web framework
- PostgreSQL database
- HTML, CSS and a ton of JQuery frontend
- Java for Android
- Objective C for iOS
As a Web and Mobile Engineering Intern you have your fingers in every pot all of the time. Your ideas are what we build, your code is what our company runs on, you are the reason any of us can remember what the hell we drank last night. You are always in the thick of it. You go to wine events, tasting rooms, and wine shops. You taste wine, talk to people, and test our products so that we are always developing what is needed and not what we think people need.
We’re young, excited and have an unwavering love for Fernet washed down by a cold High Life. In college, we were those nerdy, dorky kids that were always throwing the best parties, but now we’re grown up and we do it for a living.
What does a Web & Mobile Engineering Intern do?
- Work with a small tight team of engineers, constantly passing work around and always being a generalist, not a specialist
- Represent the Second Glass team at everything from Wine Riot to office ragers
- Take projects through the entire development cycle from ideas to mockups to prototypes to production code
- Develop native mobile apps for iPhone and Android
- Develop and maintain secondglass.com
- Keep tech running at events including ticketing, wifi, and real-time data displays
- Keep tech running at the company including making hardware and software recommendations, troubleshooting bugs, and backing everything up with “science”
- Go to the bar to celebrate
How to Apply
To apply fill out our Webform