Heidseick & Co.
France > Champagne
NV Heidseick & Co. Monopole Blue Top Champagne
people love it!
What's popping open at midnight this year? If you just downed André last year, you need this more than you thought. Even though a $6 price tag can be attractive, you don't have to spend a lot more to turn drinking sparkling from a chore to an absolute utopia. A utopia with bubbles!The Heidsieck & Co Monopole Blue Top Champagne is without a doubt, my favorite inexpensive Champagne. Coming in at about $30 this sparkler has an incredibly creamy texture with citrus, honey, nutty, and buttery flavors. It isn't the driest Champagne out there, but the slight amount of sugar really brings out the fruit. It finishes with a touch of spice and honeyed peanuts.
Top 5 reasons why you shouldn't drink André:
1. It actually says Champagne on the label though the producer has probably never even been to Champagne
2. It is a chore to finish.
3. It will burn a hole in your stomach lining
4. There is no cork to pop, just a child safe, plastic screw top.
5. It's artificially carbonated. Each bubble is a lie!
Top 5 reasons why you should pick up a bottle of Heidsieck & Co Blue Top Champagne:
1. It's from Champagne (a lot cooler than something made in a bath tub and called champagne)
2. You can mimic the Christopher Walkin SNL sketch and go around asking if anyone would like some 'Cham-pon-yay'
3. Since there is an actual cork, you can hose down your friends.
4. You can perform sabrage with this bottle!
5. It is absolutely delicious and extremely well-priced for a Champagne of its quality!
Enjoy and Happy New Year